Art and Design
We will design, make and evaluate a fire engine using wheels, axles and chassis.
As a designer:
- Can I explore how products have been created?
- Can I talk about how historical events or people have helped shape the technological world today?
- Can I make simple diagrams to show my designs?
- Can I create products using levers, wheels and winding mechanisms?
- Can I cut materials safely using tools provided?
- Can I evaluate my design or product against the given design criteria?
As artists we will study the work of Alberto Giacometti.
We will develop our drawing skills by:
- Drawing pictures of people running, as though running from the Great Fire.
- Using lines and dots to create texture in their drawings.
We will explore sculpture by:
- Looking at the work of Alberto Giacometti and how he portrays people.
- Experimenting with different everyday materials such as tin foil, wire and paper mâché to create our own figure running from the fire in the style of Giacometti.