Bishop's Wood Field Centre - Vikings
On Friday 15th November both year 4 classes enjoyed an exciting, hands-on day at the Bishops Wood Field Centre! We visited the centre to learn more about the lives of Vikings as part of our learning in Topic. Some of the activities included:
- Building a Viking shelter in the woods using branches, sticks and leaves.
- Learning how Vikings would have started a fire and the importance of fire.
- What a Viking home would have looked like.
- Boarding a Viking longship.
- Making copper brooches, clay cups and spinning wool to make thread.
We had loads of fun and the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves. A big thank you to all the adults that came and got involved!