For Geography this term, we are going to be focussing on the country of Kenya, which is located in the continent of Africa.
Throughout the term, we will look at:
- the seven continents and five oceans around the world; identifying them on a world map
- how to read a map using compass directions (North, East, South and West) and locational language (near, far, left and right)
- human and physical features of Kenya (a non-European country)
- comparing the United Kingdom to Kenya using aerial images, looking at similarities and differences between them.
- Dudley Zoo Trip 30th March -
We are also taking the children to Dudley Zoo, so they can have a fun, interactive day with lots of different animals!
Examples of Work
Week 1 - Locating the seven continents and five oceans, using atlas and globes.
Week 2 - Using compasses to follow directions on a map.
- Coming soon -