Year 2 Maths Autumn 1
Number and Place Value
- Count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number
- Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of twos, fives and tens
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two‐digit number (tens, ones)
- identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line
- compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use and = signs
- count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward and backward
How can you help at home?
Practise number bonds and become fluent with rapid recall.
Addition and Subtraction
- recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100
- add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two‐digit number and ones
- add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: adding three one‐digit numbers