Year 2 Maths Autumn 2
Addition and Subtraction
- recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100
- add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two digit number and ones /a two-digit number and tens / two two-digit numbers
- adding three one-digit numbers
- show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of one number from another cannot
- recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
- solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures and applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
- compare and sort common 2-D and 3-D shapes and everyday objects
- identify and describe the properties of 2-D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line
- order and arrange combinations of mathematical objects in patterns and sequences
- identify and describe the properties of 3-D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces