Autumn 2 - Addition and Subtraction
In this terms maths lesson, children will be focusing on being able to:
- add and subtract numbers mentally, including: a three-digit number and ones / a three-digit number and tens / a three-digit number and hundreds
- add and subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction
- estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers
- solve problems, including missing number problems, using number facts, place value, and more complex addition and subtraction
In this term, Year 3 will be learning about:
- adding and subtracting numbers (three-digit and two-digit numbers)
- checking answers using the inverse operation.
- learning and practicing multiplication and division facts.