How does the school identify and assess Special Educational Needs?
• School based results - Target tracker or Sandwell Skills Ladders.
• Information from parents and carers
• Information from the child
• Specialised assessments carried out by members of the school’s support services/SENCo and Inclusion Support
• Information from previous schools or settings
• Results from end of key stage assessments (Year 2/Year 6)
• Discussions with adults who work with the child
• Information/referrals from doctors, paediatricians or other medical personnel.