Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA)
We are beginning our journey to become a UNICEF Rights Respecting School. We as staff are fully committed to becoming a Rights Respecting School (RRS) and we are currently creating the conditions within
What is the Rights Respecting Award?
“The UNICEF UK Rights Respecting Schools Award (RRSA) supports schools across the UK to embed children’s human rights in their ethos and culture. The award
As a school, all adults are helping children learn about and access their rights.
Please look at the UCRC and find out all about children’s rights so that you can and support your child in helping them to understand their rights, and how to respect these in their home environment and in the wider school community.
How can parents help their children know about their rights?
- Spend time talking about the articles at home: https://www.unicef.org/sop/convention-rights-child-child-friendly-version
- Look at and discuss child friendly news e.g. Newsround; ask the children about Picture News (we watch this in school). These will often link with rights learning.
- Talk about and work through the ‘Article of the Month’ that are posted on this page.
- Discuss learning about rights and encourage pupils to relate rights to current issues.
- Join in with local charity events and school charity days.
- Take action for positive change in your local community e.g. litter picking and recycling.
Please support us on our continued RRSA journey.
To find our more information about this award, please visit the following website: