Our highly experienced Nurture Lead and SENCo are specifically trained to work with individuals or small groups. Sessions are fun and informative, using activities and resources to motivate, engage and support the children. Before children attend nurture provision parents are informed by letter and are requested to sign a permission slip.
Which children attend Nurture Group?
Children may attend sessions in the Nurture Group for specific reasons, for example:
- Friendship difficulties – keeping/making friends
- Quiet, shy, withdrawn
- Find it hard to listen to others or join in
- Disruptive behaviours within school
- Poor relationships with adults in school
- Family illness or break-up
- Recently been taken into care
- Witnessed a bereavement or loss
- Subject to some form of Attachment or Trauma