Educational Provision (SEND)
Special Educational Needs Provision 2022-2024
Communication and Interaction
Children who have difficulty communicating with others which may be because they:
• find it hard to make themselves understood or to say what they want to
• do not always understand what is being said
• find interacting with others difficult
• are on the Autistic spectrum (including Asperger’s Syndrome)
• have a stammer or are on the Dysfluency register
• are unable to pronounce certain sounds.
Cognition and Learning
Children who learn at a slower pace than their peers because they:
• take longer to learn important skills
• find it difficult to remember things such as the important words for reading, and times tables
• find it hard to understand how to use letter sounds to read and spell words
• may need more time to think about their answers
• may have an associated difficulty, e.g. issues with mobility and communication, physical disability or sensory impairment
• may have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), e.g. Dyslexia, Dyscalculia or Dyspraxia.
Social, Mental and Emotional Health
Children who find it difficult to manage their emotions and behaviour in a way that affects their daily life, for instance they may find it challenging to:
• Follow rules set by others
• Sit still for a long time
• Listen to and follow instructions
• Understand how they, or others, are feeling
• Make friends
• Deal with their difficulties in a way that does not cause harm to themselves or others.
• Take responsibility for the things they do
This could also include children suffering from anxiety or depression, those who have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) or Attachment Disorder.
Sensory and/or Physical
Children who have a disability that means adaptations and/or support are needed to enable them to fully access the school/learning environment. This may include:
• hearing and/or visual difficulties
• physical disabilities
• motor skills issues
• medical needs
What type of provision does the school make?